Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend Roundup

First things first, the Howler was a roaring success again this year. As you can see from the random party shot, which shows about 1% of the crowd in attendance, creative costumes and complete abandon were the flavour of the night. It’s hard to say whether it will be as reckless next year. Unfortunately, this was the last time that the party coincided with the end of Daylight Savings Time.

What am I looking forward to this week? Islands! I can’t wait to see the show on Wednesday. Return to the Sea has to be the album I’ve listened to the most this year. Hands down. The show is apparently at The Underground, the notorious punk/metal bar, located under The Warehouse. The venue doesn’t make sense, if you’ve heard the Graceland-esque album, but, heck, I’ll go anywhere to see this spectacle.

In other news, I’m supposed to head down to the East Coast this week. I’ll do my best to check out some of the sweet shows that are going on during the CMJ Music Marathon 2006.

Since we’ve got costumes on the brain, this week’s video has a breakdancing shark:




Dig it. ♪

No comments: