Friday, January 12, 2007

Dining Deliciously in Kensington

If you are navigating through the happenin’ neighborhood of Kensington and are feeling a bit peckish, you might want to consider stopping in at a couple of restaurants I’ve recently become acquainted with. First, for a tasty pizza pie, I urge you to go to Pulcinella. It occupies the space that used to belong to Stromboli’s (and is still run by the younger generation of the Tudda dynasty). I must say, it’s the best pizza I’ve had since going to Grimaldi’s in Brooklyn.


On your next trip to the area, since you’ll be too stuffed with pizza and risotto balls the first time around, don’t skip the Indochine Bistro. To me, it seems like Vietnamese food done right. From my experience, most other places around town throw too much filler (noodles, sprouts) into their recipes, which distracts from the core nourishment of the meal. Sure, Indochine might be a buck or two more than you are used to paying, but the quality is much higher. Also, the service and cleanliness of the restaurant was impressive.

Don’t just take my word for it, check out what John Gilchrist, local food celebrity, has to say about each place: PulcinellaIndochine Bistro. ♪

No comments: